In Santa Paula the have a fairly new festival. It is called the Citrus Festival. This is the second year. It was on July 31 and August 1. They have jolly jumps, craft booths, food and entertainment. They also have hot air balloons. On August 1, we got everyone up at 5 am; I know we are crazy to go see the hot air balloons launch up into the air. They were so beautiful with all the colors. They also gave the kids free rides. Adam went first and then Anna decided that she was brave enough. Jake did not want to go, but that is okay. We had a great morning learning about something that is not an every day thing. The kids did a once in a lifetime thing, unless we do it again next year.
This was as close as Jake wanted to be.
Anna was very excited.
We learned that they have to take quite a bit of training to operate a hot air balloon.



2 comments:
That looks awesome! I didn't know that festival existed. We'll have to keep it in mind for next year. I don't know about the 5am thing though.
These are beautiful and to have them all together would be a sight! I bet it was wonderful to have the opportunity and definitely something the kids will remember as a favorite. It looks like tons of fun and so worth getting up early!
Post a Comment