Have you ever had a day when you thought, why am I doing this? I started the new fall semester at college today. I have been doing this for about five years now. I am hoping that I am almost done at the community college level. It is so strange to enter the world of the the young adults, the language etc. I am taking World Geography and Intro to College Writing. It is overwhelming to think about the papers to be written; the tests to be taken. Plus there is just your normal life - team mom for the your son's soccer team, volunteering in your daughter's class; keeping the house clean, etc. What was I thinking!! Note to my children: stay in school until you get your degree. My geography class should be very interesting. My teacher is from a small village in Wales and has done a ton of traveling. My teacher in my writing class is a little too slow and a little too sweet. I want to tell her to hurry up, I have laundry to do.

4 comments:
Congratulations on going back to school!
I forgot to tell you that I heard of a website where you can get textbooks for amazing prices: half.com
Good luck!
Denise - I LOVE that you're in school and we can commisserate (not thinking I spelled that right but there's no spell check!) together. :) I know just how you feel! You are my inspiration!
You are so funny! Yes, the laundry is always calling isn't it! Well, enjoy it. I went back also and it is definitely a whole new world. Exciting though.
Have an exceptional semester Denise!!!
Oh Denise. Good luck. I HATED Moorpark - it felt like a dirty high school with ash trays!!! I did take a fun pottery class and tennis class there though. "Hurry up I have laundry!" I love it - SO TRUE!!! Good luck, I am proud of you!!!
Post a Comment