Friday, June 27, 2008

I hope you dance

This is amazing picture taken by my friend, Karyn. Jake is just so fun. I think he is a gift from Heavenly Father telling me to lighten up. He is so full of life. It's sad how I have forgot just to love life. You get so bogged down with the responsibilities of life - go here, go there, do this, do that. To be a good mom you need to do this and don't forget that. Jake reminds me in this picture to live! To enjoy the things that summer brings - the sand between your toes, sleeping in, drumsticks eaten in the cool night air, bike riding, and pool days . Jens and I went to a listen to a 60's band play last Friday night with his work crowd, it took a little convincing but I finally got him to dance with me. As Adam says - shake what your mama gave ya. Well, I was shaking it. It was so fun just to be a little crazy. Live life. There is a country song that I love called, I hope you will dance. It is in my playlist if you want to listen to it. It reminds us that we need to remember what amazing planet we live on and remember to dance. So put on some music that moves your soul and shake what your mama gave ya.

2 comments:

Marrianne said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! You may find you get lost in this wonderful abyss.
I love that picture of Jakey. He's so cute!

Karyn said...

I love boys because whether you want to or not, they WILL teach you to live life to it's fullest extent. You can choose to join them or not but they will "live" every moment. I value my boys for this very reason. Children offer hope and promise when we lose our own-Jake is no exception. I loved his pictures. His personality shines through. He is such a photogenic little star. I'm so proud of you for going to the concert and dancing. Those will be cherished moments. :) (I love that song too.)

I usually don't leave such long comments. You must be interesting. :)