Thursday, June 26, 2008

Roses and more roses

I love roses. When I say goodbye to this life I want lots of roses on my gravesite. Please remember this if I go before you. I have 23 rose bushes in my yard. The area in the front is called my birthday garden. There is a rose there that looks like red velvet. I bought all the roses in the front with birthday money. My mom bought me a rose bush called Octoberfest because my birthday is in October. We had this rose bush in our house in San Pedro. I brought it from that house to this one. I also have 3 rose bushes from my kids in the front - my mother's day garden. The rose bush in the front that is all white is called pillowcases. Funny what they name roses. I love Double Delight roses. They smell so sweet. We have a rose bush in the back that we bought for Anna - An American Beauty rose - pictured. I wanted to tell you the best thing for roses - Bayers All-in-one rose flower care, 3 systemic products in one. The key is 3 systemic products in one. Thanks for letting me go on and on about one of my loves.

1 comment:

Karyn said...

This is so funny because I had just noticed your rose bushes this morning when I waited for Adam. :) They are beautiful. I love your daisies as well. You have a beautiful yard.

I love roses. When we lived in Utah we built a house and silly us- we thought we would be there forever. I planted so many rosebushes. All Jackson and Perkins. One side was red, & white. Under my bedroom window I chose a different variety of oranges. The front of the house was another. Each coordinated with the other flowers in the yard. I loved my roses the best because I could cut the stems and have floral arrangements anytime I wanted. The hardest thing about selling that house was knowing I was losing all of my flowers. My tulips, my roses, my garden, my grandma's award winning iris bulbs. I always hope that whoever is living there, that they are loving my flowers as much as I did.

I think it is so fun that you love your roses and they have so much meaning. I am very sentimental and that makes them all the more beautiful.